Where the Elle Have I Been?

Monday, June 29, 2015


You know how nothing of particular excitement will be going on and then suddenly a year's worth of work/school/fun/life/sad/happy things will happen all at the same time? Yeah, that about explains the month of June for me! I know people say this every month, but I'm trying really hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's about to be JULY. How that happened, I'll never know.

So I guess I'll start by address my blog silence over the past few weeks! I've never, ever been good at sticking to a regular posting schedule on this blog. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I haven't been at home much. I thought of churning out some scheduled blog posts to roll out during my absence, but I wouldn't have my computer with me and my phone would have questionable wifi access, so I didn't like the idea of a bunch of posts going up and me not being able to respond to any comments. Plus, I've never loved the idea of posting for the sake of posting. I'll go weeks with being inspired and writing for hours, and then weeks of a creative dry spell. If you are a special rare blogging butterfly who can do it all, I salute you!

Let me sum up a few of the main bits that have been going on...

LIFE
  • The primary reason for my blog silence is that two of my best, best friends came over to England! I'm talking we have been attached at the hip since elementary school. We spent the first week between Bristol and London, showing them the West Country and making a much needed pilgrimage to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden. Yes, again. I hadn't been back since the addition of the Hogwarts Express, one of them had never been and the other had been 3 years previously, and these are my fellow extreme Potterheads - so it was at the top of our list!
  • Friend #1 hopped across the sea to spend a holiday in Ireland with her dad, while Friend #2 and myself hopped over to mainland Europe for a fast and furious romp of France, Italy, Austria, and Germany! We had an absolute blast although our feet may never be the same again. Blog posts will most definitely be headed this way once I get through the task of sorting through all my pictures.
  • I have a heavy, heavy heart about the horrendous shootings in Charleston, South Carolina. I had literally just done a post about how wonderful the city is. I am heartbroken over the events that occurred, but inspired and lifted by the community's determination to not let hatred win. #CharlestonUnited
SCHOOL
  • I received all of my final marks for my essays from the spring term and submitted my dissertation synopsis, so all I have left is writing the actual dissertation. No pressure, right?
WORK
  • Finally FINALLY - I got a job! Finding a job - even a part time one like mine - when you have a student visa is no joke, there are so many strict rules you have to abide by that you really have to go the extra mile to convince employers you are worth it. I think it's a really good fit for me and will keep me the right amount of busy where I'll still be able to spend plenty of time in the library ;)
BLOG
  • Coming soon to a blog near you....Elle drinking wine...Elle drinking Butterbeer...Elle drinking real beer.....uhm...I mean...Elle experiencing life-enriching, educational, and historical travels throughout Europe. 

Being away from my computer for a few weeks and out in real life with the best of friends was just what I needed. I did have a rude awakening when I returned home to see pages upon pages of unread emails, unwatched YouTube videos, and unread blog posts on my Bloglovin' feed. Eep! 

What have been your favourite things on the web or blogosphere the past few weeks that you think I should catch up on? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

Disqus for http://whattheelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

© What the Elle. Design by Fearne.