50 Shades of Orange // Brandon Hill.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

In case you haven't picked up on all the Anne of Green Gables quotes filling your social media feeds this past week, October has officially arrived! It must be nice to be October, it seems to be a lot of people's favourite month...

October means many things: Halloween, earlier sunsets, cooler weather, etc. Much to my excitement, it also means all of the trees start changing to vibrant shades of orange and red. It may not sound earth-shattering to those of who have always lived somewhere with a vibrant-coloured Autumn, but for someone from Texas where trees go from green straight to dead, it's pretty dreamy. 

Brandon Hill is one of my favourite places in Bristol. Walking to the top can make you feel a bit out of shape, but the views are hard to beat. It's a great park for jogging/walking, dogs-watching for those of us who don't have a furry friend, and trekking up Cabot Tower. It buzzes with families and picnics during the summertime and even has a resident ice cream truck that sits atop the hill.

During Sara's recent surprise visit to Bristol (which I had mischievously known about for weeks, hehe) we met up at Brandon Hill on a sunny Sunday afternoon in order to get a few shots of her and J that weren't selfies for a change. I think we succeeded, aren't they the cutest? Having Sara back in town was so nice and went by far too quickly. 

I'd be lying if I said I was too excited about winter creeping up on us - save Christmas and getting to go home and see my family, I'm not a big fan of cold weather and shorter days. That being said, I'm definitely enjoying Autumn! How can you not with colours like these and the "not too cold but not too hot" weather?
















Are the leaves changing colours in your neighbourhood?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

Disqus for http://whattheelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

© What the Elle. Design by Fearne.