London in the Sun.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I'm a firm believer that there is nowhere better to enjoy sunshine and warm (ish) weather than in England. In the city, everyone instantly goes from hustle bustle mode to smiling and cheery. The buildings are brighter, the streets more lively. In the countryside, the picnic baskets are whipped out, eager dogs frolic through the fields, and the green rolling hills appear greener.

Recently we were gifted with a weekend of sunshine with temperatures finally scraping past the 16°C/60°F mark - otherwise known as time to whip out the bikini in the UK. I was in London for the weekend while my cousin was visiting for less than 48 hours and asked me to show her the town since she had never been.

Which she may regret now. I take after my dad when it comes to travel, hit the ground running in the morning and don't stop until my blisters have blisters. "You want to see London? I will SHOW you London."

Although I've lived here for 7 months now (how did that happen?!) and I'd like to think I'm a certified Brit, I do get a kick out of playing tourist here and there. I still get butterflies when I see Big Ben, yes I know the part we see is actually called Elizabeth Tower - let me live. Posts about London are easy, because the pictures usually speak for themselves, so without further ado, here are the highlights from what we coined "Elle's Fast and Furious Instagram Tour of London."














I got really excited when I realised this photo shows Westminster Abbey, Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben), the Eye, AND the tippy top of the Shard. Jackpot.


The phone box behind this one is a little bit better because you don't get the lamppost in front of the tower - but this one rarely has a line of tourists waiting to hop in. Win some, lose some.


Tom's Kitchen in Chelsea, the perfect spot to fuel your day with a hearty full English. All the carbs and protein, please and thank you.




Abbey Road on Instagram.


Abbey Road in reality.






Are you a go-go-go traveler like me or do you like to take your time?



I'm trying to be a good social blogger lady and do these link ups but bear with me because I have zero clue what I'm doing. I'm fluent in HTML and CSS but apparently blog linking make me hit a roadblock, so I'll send y'all right back to Bonnie Rose's post about the Columbia Flower Market - a London activity I have yet to conquer!

(PS - If you are a pro blogger reading this and chuckling at my feeble attempts at this link up, help a sista out! Like...how do I add the links and buttons that always go below this bit would be a start.)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

Disqus for http://whattheelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

© What the Elle. Design by Fearne.